Overdrive for Schools
How to Download to a Device
How do I download borrowed titles?
· If you’re using a mobile device or tablet that’s compatible with our free app, OverDrive Media Console, we recommend using the app to bookmark your library website, borrow titles, and download EPUB eBooks and MP3 audiobooks directly to your device. See our help resources on OverDrive Media Console for more information on how to use the app.
You can also use the following instructions to install software and download titles from your school’s digital library website.
- Select the Help icon, then select the Software link to install software needed to download titles to your computer, tablet, or mobile device.
See our help resources on Adobe Digital Editions (for computers) or OverDrive Media Console (for computers, tablets, and mobile devices) for more information.
- Once the software is installed, return to your Bookshelf (under your Account) and click Download next to the title.
- Select a format from the drop-down menu, then click Confirm & Download. The title’s Return Title button disappears once you select a download format.
Note: Once selected, your download format cannot be changed. However, you will still be able to read the title in OverDrive Read format, if offered.
§ Kindle Books (U.S. only) require you to complete checkout through Amazon’s website. Follow the on-screen prompts to check out and send the title to your Kindle device or Kindle reading app.
§ Other download formats will open automatically in Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) or OverDrive Media Console (OMC), as appropriate.
§ The first time you open a downloaded eBook, you will be prompted to authorize your computer or mobile device with an Adobe ID. Create an Adobe ID here.
· High School Collection: http://bismarck.lib.overdrive.com/FeaturedCollection3.htm