Art of Spain and Mexico Directions
Choose One Artist from Spain and cover the following in your project:
1. Significant life events and how those affected his/her artistic work.
2. What makes the artist's style unique? What is his/her style of art?
3. Show and explain examples of the artist's works. Discuss his/her style shown in the examples.
Artists from Spain and Mexico
When researching bullfighting, make sure to cover the following topics in your project:
1. The importance of bullfighting to Spanish culture
2. The history of bullfighting
3. the bullfighter's training
4. the bullfighter's costume - pictures and explanation
5. parts of the bullfight - pictures and explanation
Running of the Bulls in Pamplona
Include the following if you chose to research the running of the bulls in Pamplona, Spain
1. The origin of the festival - how it was started and the history of
2. When it takes place
3. What happens at the festival - include pictures
4. What does it signify to the people of Spain and Spanish tourism
5. What famous people (including Americans) have participated in this custom.
Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain
Holy Week in Spain
For your project, please include the following:
1. Holy week activities in Spain, especially in Sevilla - include pictures of the celebration
2. Discuss the significance of the Holy Week in the lives of Spanish people
3. Discuss the symbolism of the colors, candles, and costumes used during this week - include pictures
4. Compare and contrast Spain's Holy Week celebration to that of the United States
Holy Week in Spain
Christmas in Spain
When researching Christmas in Spain, make sure to cover:
1. discussion of the Christmas holiday season in Spain, including Christmas Eve (La Noche Buena)/Christmas (la Navidad), el Dia de Los Santos Inocentes (The Day of the Innocent Saints), la Nochevieja (New Year's Eve), and Epiphany (la Epifania, el seis de enero)
2. discussion of the activities, food, traditions/customs that surround these holidays in Spain.
3. compare and contrast Chrstimas in Spain to that of another culture (which could be that of the US, Mexico, or another Spanish-speaking country)
4. discussion of the special parades, decorations or images that are displayed during the holiday season - include pictures and explain them)