Video Making Tips and Tricks
Video Making Options and Tips
v Sign in with your username and password (not OPAC)
v Using your phone to record? Bring your cable to school.
Finding Royalty Free Music to add to your video
· www.incompetech.com -> Royalty Free Music
· You can search by genre or feel. Once you’ve decided on the song, click download and save it to your My Music Files.
Movie Maker Tips
· New Project
· Import Movies and pictures (if your video clip you are importing is a large file, it will take a while to load and the slides will be greyed out. If it “buffers” and you can’t play the file at all, check the file type and check to see it is a file type with Microsoft (http://bit.ly/1bsToNP).
o If the file type is not supported by Movie Maker -> www.zamzar.com to convert to one of the appropriate file types.
· Save your videos from phone/camera to your My Videos file so you can find them later. It helps to label them so you know what clip you are selecting.
· To edit the video (ie clip out parts you don’t want, trim clips)
o Edit tab -> video tools -> set start point, set end point
§ Place your cursor before you click the icon. Use the back arrow in the top left corner to undo.
· Add music – you can select music from your device/computer or you can download music to your computer and then add it to Movie Maker.
Saving is important!
· If you are still editing your video and need to save it to your hard drive or flash drive, select “Save Project As” and save it to either your My Videos or the flash drive.
· If you are finished, save it as a complete movie file. Select “Save Movie” and select recommended for this project if you are going to play off the computer/flashdrive. If you need to send it to your teacher via email, select For Email. Save to either your My Videos files or the flash drive.
· You can also upload your video to your Google Drive account. Usually, the teacher will need to download the video in order to play it (no playback option).